Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pretty Perfect

I spend a good part of my day searching my favorite party blogs for inspiration and awe.  I really, really believe that you can learn something from each party, anything from a creative way to tie utensils to a great table layout.  Some party ideas though simply take my breathe away.  I would say that they're pretty prefect.   So, here's a little inspiration from last week around the web.

Little Red Riding Hood Party- From Amy Atlas


I think this may be one of my favorite dessert tables.  Definitely in my top 5 but, it's really hard for me to pinpoint exactly why.  I think it's because it captures the theme perfectly.  You can look at the photo and immediately know what the inspiration was without it being a typical Red Riding Hood Table.  I also love the red, pink, moss green and brown color scheme.  The setting doesn't hurt- gorgeous!  The modern clean design of the food is a great juxtaposition to the woodsy, natural setting and serving vessels.  It creates the perfect mood for the party.


Bright Floral Afternoon Tea Party- From Amy Atlas

Absolutely love the bright, hot color scheme which is a bit unusual for floral tea party.  It's daring, brave, exciting.  It's a much bolder color scheme than I usually feel comfortable using which might be why I'm attracted to it.   I also adore the fabric ties around the drink bottles and Chinese food carriers.  It's a great way to add texture and color to the party.  Using the print in larger areas could create chaos.  Perfect editing.

Both of these tables also have a symmetrical layout. More on that subject later.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment