Friday, March 23, 2012

Apple of Our Eye Party

Finally, it's time to share my daughter, Charlotte's Apple of My Eye Party on my blog!  I was going to wait until the party planning series is over but I have a lot more to say and I can't wait any longer to share these photos with you.  

I created this Apple of Our Eye party for my daughter, Charlotte’s, sixth birthday. I did not want the party to feel like a harvest so I incorporated crisp, modern printables and a preppy bright pink and apple green color scheme.

When the little guests arrived for lunch, they untied their apple baskets from the backs of their chairs and dined on applewiches, harvest chips, mac ‘n cheese, apple sauce and of course a crisp green apple. They sipped on apple juice and lemonade served in glass jars. Each girl had an apple of our eye gumball tube at her place setting. To make the placemats, I simply made a document on word and then had it enlarged on thick glossy cardstock at my local printers
After lunch the girls did apple of my eye make up, made paper mache apples using left over fabric from the bunting and made apple necklaces. They also made their own mini apple pies in mason jars that we called, Charlie Pies- my daughter’s nickname.
The girls treated themselves at the farm stand, which was filled with apple cake pops, apple cupcakes, applejacks, and candy apples. There was also ice cream scooped in candy cup and shaped to look like apples complete with wooden stem or spoon. They also loved the M&M apples done in baking cups as well.
Party favors were apple of my eye t-shirts.




















lime sherbet with wooded spoons for stems
favors were apple of our eye tshirts

I made this placement on my compute,r then had the copy store enlarge it on glossy cardstock











The complete line of printables, the chevron sandwich bags, baking cups and straws are available in my etsy store.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

15 comments:

  1. what a beautiful party!!!!
    I love the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. How did you do the stamps on the envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you can tell you worked really hard on that. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is over the top 'a'dorable :) rag banner ... looks so simple is it? is everything in your etsy shop? colesfam@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably the most perfect party I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! I love the lantern turned into an apple..what a creative idea! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING! Love every detail. Did you make all of your own sweets? Did you make your candied apples?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Everyone Thanks for the sweet comments. I will answer your questions in future blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Super cute party!
    Visiting from I Heart Naptime.
    I pinned your party!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! This is amazing! I can't get over the detail that went into this party and it's so stinkin' creative! I'd absolutely love it if you'd share this at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-4.html. We go live Tuesday night at 8 EST. I'm following GFC and I'm pinning this. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing! Wow!! I want you to do my birthday!!:) I would love for you to link this up at Fantabulous Friday going on now.

    http://littlebeckyhomecky.blogspot.com/2012/03/fantabulous-friday5.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I'm impressed. Love the color scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bunny tails tag! Could you please send it to me?

    cjkester@earthlink.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO CUTE!!!! I'm pinning it. I love the paper lantern apples!

    ReplyDelete