Monday, July 30, 2012

Make It Monday- Apple Shaped Cupcakes

Get your kids (and you) in the mood for going back to school with these darling apple shaped cupcakes.

Simply bake your favorite flavor cupcake. Frost entirely with red frosting.  Use a pretzel stick to make the stem.  Cut a leaf out of green Laffy Taffy sticks or sour green apple strips.  Cute, simple, fun.

TIP: My cupcake didn't rise enough to make the dome shape, so I stuck a mini donut on top of the cupcake and then frosted.  Surprise treat.

Perfect after school snack for the last day of school.  You can also do the same thing with ice cream.


For these I used lime ice cream covered with green sugar.  I found the sugar leaves at Michael's.  The stems are wooden spoons.

For more apple recipes and ideas, visit my apple pinterest board.
Off to school shopping and one last week at the beach!
XO,
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. Love them! and a donut surprise...my kind of cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and fun idea! I especially love the ice cream idea.. first time I see it. Love it... and looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Maybe a fun teacher gift too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so yummy! I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete