Sunday, July 15, 2012

Make It Monday- Lemon Meringue Shots

Since lemon is probably tied with caramel for my favorite flavor, coming up with this dessert was a true treat for me.  You can make your own lemon curd and substitute homemade whipped cream for the Cool Whip but I went with the easier version.

You need:
2 cups lemon curd
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
4 egg whites
pinch of cream of tarter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mini Nilla Wafers


Lemon Filling
Gently fold lemon curd into Cool Whip.  Put mixture into piping bag.


Meringue Frosting
Put sugar, egg whites, and cream of tarter into the metal mixing bowl of your standing mixer and place on top on pot of simmering water.  Whisk continuously for 5 minutes. Mixture will be smooth when rubbed between your fingers, not gritty.



Place mixing bowl on mixer with the wire whisk attachment.  Starting at low and gradually increasing to high, beat mixture until stiff peaks form and bowl is cool to touch.  It should take about  10 minutes.


Put mix into piping bag.  Begin layering into your serving vessels starting with Vanilla Wafer at the bottom.  Top with lemon filling and then meringue.


Repeat lemon filling and meringue.  Chill until ready to serve.  Dessert will hold overnight.

This is so light and refreshing.  Your friends will LOVE them!
Off to a great (but busy) week!
XO,
Jenny



12 comments:

  1. Yum!!! I would love to make these for my grandchildren and they look really easy and fast to prepare. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I would love to make these for my grandchildren and they look really easy and fast to prepare. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! I think I might use them for a baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lemon curd! This sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The looks so good! And pretty too! Bet they're yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good - I can't wait for warmer weather to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors too! Love the twine tied around the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum, YUM!!

    Would love to invite you over to my link party The Purple Pumpkin Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lemons and this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemon Meringue? Nostalgia just hit me again. I'm definitely going to try this out for the next party or get together I have.I was able to stumble upon your blog through the Sundae Scoop Link Party and i'm glad I ended up here ;)

    -Milynn
    Love and Whimsy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these!! Lemon is my favorite!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete