Sunday, June 10, 2012

Make It Monday- Raspberry Parfaits (Eton Mess)

Happy Monday-  I just love my patriotic holidays.  Since Thursday is Flag Day (and my friend Alison's birthday:)), all the ideas I share this week will include patriotic flags which will be available to you at the end of the week! Ready...

I absolutely love this dessert.  I ate several of them while prepping these for today's Make It Monday.

You will need:

Homemade Whipped Cream in a piping bag- recipe found here
Meringues- homemade or store bought.  Either is fine for this recipe.
1 6 ounce container fresh raspberries
1 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice

Break the meringue cookies into small bits


In a sauce pan, heat frozen raspberries, sugar and lemon juice.  Bring to a boil.  Mash raspberries with the back of a wooden spoon.  Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.  Add fresh raspberries.

Stir and mash.  Let cool.  Then refrigerate until well chilled.

For these I used a 2.5 ounce mini parfait glass but I have also used 2 ounce shot glass shown here.

Starting with a good squirt of whipped cream in the bottom of the glass.  Next a spoon of raspberry sauce and then the meringue pieces.


Repeat and end with a dollop of whipped cream.  Add a flag or fresh raspberry and you have an amazingly delicious treat.


The red and white colors of this dessert just perfect for so many holidays.  Make sure you bookmark this page. (inspired from a recipe by the Barefoot Contessa)
Off to another great week- our last week of school!
XO,
Jenny

4 comments:

  1. This dessert looks like the perfect addition for a Fourth of July celebration. I love how you used crushed meringues to add an extra crunch. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, These are beautiful and delicious looking! I can't wait to try the recipe. Sounds super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so good - I want one now

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that looks like some serious yummy goodness! I hope you will link up to my Patriotic Project Parade.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete